As 2014 nears an end, ETonline looks back at the year’s most extravagant, celebrity weddings filled with love and excitement. While many celebrities married this year, these 6 couples really stood out with how they tied the knot. Best of all, these weddings were just as glamorous as they were about family — you may just want to grab a tissue!
6. Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg: The former View host wed Donnie Wahlberg after dating for a year. The New Kids on the Block singer proposed with the help of Jenny’s 12-year-old son Evan in April.
Location: St. Charles, Ill.
Venue: The Hotel Baker
Guests: Sherri Shepherd and the rest of New Kids on the Block: Jordan Knight, Danny Wood and Jonathan Knight.
The Dress: An Ines Di Santo glamorous gown
Fun Fact: While Donnie’s little brother Mark could not make the wedding, he did send out a cute video message congratulating his brother and new sister-in-law with his kids.
5. Gabrielle Union & Dwyane Wade: The Bring It On Star and her NBA pro had a wedding fit for a king and queen after being together for five years.
Location: Miami, Fla.
Venue: Chateau Artisan Castle
Guests: John Legend was there, and he performed just like he did for Kimye!
The Dress: A Dennis Basso from Kleinfeld Bridal
Fun Fact: On the day of the wedding, Wade shared a photo of his mom saying how much it meant to him that she was a part of his day.
4. Jessica Simpson & Eric Johnson: The singer married her longtime loveafter four years together and giving birth to two of the cutest babies ever, Maxwell and Ace.
Date: July 5
Location: Montecito, Calif.
Venue: San Ysido Ranch
Guests: Jessica Alba, Cash Warren, Donald Faison, CaCee Cobb to name some.
The Dress: A custom champagne and gold Carolina Herrera gown.
Fun Fact: The theme of the wedding was actually based off a movie, Great Expectations
3. Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt: Despite sharing six kids and being together for five years, Brangelina finally made it official this past summer. Brad popped the question to Angie in April 2012 with a stunning 16-carat ring he co-designed.
Location: Correns, France
Venue: Chateau Miraval, their sprawling, 1,200-acre estate
The Dress: The master tailor of Atelier Versace, sewed dozens of designs from Angelina and Brad’s children into her dress and veil. This wedding was truly one for the entire family!
Guests: Only their closest friends and family. Their eldest sons Maddox and Pax walked Jolie down the aisle, Zahara and Vivienne were flower girls while Shiloh and Knox were ring bearers
Fun Fact: Their 11-year-old son Pax baked the cake!
2. George Clooney & Amal Alamuddin: The self-proclaimed bachelor tied the knot with his stunning British human rights lawyer bride in one of the most talked about events of the year. They have been together since Oct. 2013, and they got engaged in April of 2014.
PHOTOS: George and Amal Clooney’s Wedding Album
Date: Sept. 27
Location: Venice, Italy
Venue: Aman Canal Grande
Guests: Matt Damon, Cindy Crawford, Bill Murray, John Krasinski, Emily Blunt, Anna Wintour and more!
The Dress: A custom design by the late Oscar De La Renta
Fun Fact: Amal Clooney had 4 other high-end designer looks throughout the weekend. She wore Dolce and Gabbana, Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney and Giambattista Valli Couture.
1. Kim Kardashian & Kanye West: Who else could top this year’s list but Kimye?! After a high-profile 2-year courtship and Kanye’s elaborate proposal at San Francisco’s AT&T park on Kim’s 33rd birthday in Oct. 2013, this wedding already had a lot to live up to.
Location: The European affair kicked off in Paris before the entire clan flew to Florence, Italy for the actual ceremony.
Venue: The famed 16th-century Belvedore Fort
Guests: Andre Leon Talley, La La Anthony, Tyga, Big Sean, John Legend, Brittny Gastineau and of course all Kim’s sisters (Rob ditched the ceremony at the last minute).
The Dress: A custom Givenchy gown designed by the couple’s bestie Riccardo Tisci and later a Balmain party dress designed by Olivier Rousteing for the reception.
Fun Fact: Baby North West also wore Givenchy to match her mom.
These top six weddings were just some of the biggest and best this year that really made us want to attend, but this year was also full of secret, surprise weddings! Check out who was able to get married without anyone knowing below.